Save with the Weekly Special! Click here to take advantage of the current offer!
Midwifery Today Issue Number 96 (Winter 2010/2011 ) Waterbirth|
Waterbirth Products, Back Issues
Quantity in Basket:
Articles in this issue include:
- Belly Mapping: Put Positioning into Parents’ Hands by Gail Tully
Help new parents’ feel more comfortable with their growing baby and teach them about the importance of positioning at the same time with this helpful, instructional article about belly mapping.
- Birth as a Shape-shifter by Melissa-Marie Marks
A quick, stirring retelling of a birthing woman who “sings her song of life and death, courage and fear, the end and the beginning.”
- Waterbirth and GBS by Judy Slome Cohain
The literature suggests that low-risk women who give birth in water may have a far lower rate of newborn GBS than women who have a dry birth. Author, midwife and researcher Judy Slome Cohain culls through the research and delivers an in-depth look at waterbirth and GBS in this eye-opening article.
- Waterbirth with a Blind Mother by Cornelia Enning
That first moment of eye contact between mother and baby is critical during a waterbirth. So what happens when the mother you’re assisting as a midwife is birthing in water and is blind? Author Cornelia Enning recounts one beautiful experience.
- Like Cures Like: Homeopathy for Pregnancy and Babies by Diane Gregg
An experienced midwife shares her homeopathic knowledge for solving pregnancy and postpartum woes inexpensively and effectively with homeopathic remedies. Includes a handy chart for midwives on the go.
- My Waterbirth by Simone Snyder
Water plays a key role in this sweet story of a home waterbirth.
- Second was a Gift by Lydia M. Josephson
The author overcomes her fears during her second birth and doesn’t let the string of “what ifs” overcome her determination to birth naturally, at home and in the water.
- Unusual Foetal Positions: Hand Beside Ear by Jean Sutton
Jean Sutton, an expert in baby positions, offers sound advice for midwives facing the unusual “hand beside ear” position.
- Waterbirth Makes Midwife’s Job Easier by Samantha McCormick
Why should midwives consider waterbirth as a really, really good thing? Author Samantha McCormick explains why waterbirth rules.
- Midwifery Education: Trauma or Transformation? by Elizabeth Davis
An excerpt from Midwifery Today’s new edition of the book Paths to Becoming an Midwife: Getting an Education, this article guides aspiring midwives toward an educational program that will “midwife” them in a way that prepares them fully and totally to midwife others.
- The Mindfulness of Midwifery: Creating a Practice with Intent by Jodilyn Owen
How can we help ourselves and other midwives not burn out from the time-consuming, all-encompassing work that is midwifery? In this article, author Jodilyn Owen offers some sound advise based on her own past struggles with time management and burnout.
- A Motherless Mother by Rea Bochner
A mother shares a bittersweet tale of birthing her second child naturally and beautifully in the comfort of her own home—the same home in which her mother had recently died.
- A Tale of Two Births: The Healing Power of VBAC by Kimberly Kovach Trout
A CNM professor discovers the usefulness of the Foley Bulb when her own daughter wishes to birth vaginally after a cesarean.
- A Primer on Craniosynostosis by Melanie Roder
When her daughter is born with unusual features, the author is thrown into a world she never heard of: the world of craniosynostosis. Here, she shares her knowledge with readers and offers a primer on this unusual ailment.
- Denise’s Birth by Kelly C. Dunn
Midwives from Mother Health International are still assisting earthquake victims in Haiti. In this moving tale, the author helps a young teenage mother who is alone, afraid and in labor.
- The Same in Any Language by Jane Drichta
A US midwife working in the Philippines experiences the sharp pain of telling a young mother that her baby has died in utero and realizes some human experiences are “the same in any language.”
- Midwives: Sing the Babies Earthside by Ibu Robin Lim
A gorgeous tale that weaves language, music and birth.
View complete Table of Contents here.
Advertise your product or service in Midwifery Today E-News,
a free electronic newsletter that is sent biweekly to 15,000+ subscribers.
Click here for more information.
Ordering by post, fax or phone
© 1987-2016 Midwifery Today, Inc. All Rights Reserved.