Click here for more
The Heart and Science of Homebirth is a compelling combination of the heart of homebirth—the emotional and social reasons homebirth is desirable, and the science of homebirth—the research which has consistently found homebirth to be every bit as safe as, and in some cases safer than, hospital birth. 46 pages comb-bound.
Midwifery Today Issue 93 is especially dedicated to homebirth. Some of the articles in the issue include:
- The Miracle of Homebirth—editorial by Jan Tritten
- The Question of Homebirth—by Sister MorningStar
- Answering the Question of Homebirth—by Vanessa Manz
- My Journey into Planned Homebirth in Venezuela—by Fernando Molina
Midwifery Today Issue 50 is also dedicated to homebirth. Some of the articles in the issue include:
- Not Among Strangers—by Valerie El Halta
- Why Homebirth?—by Jill Cohen
- Homebirth: What Are the Issues?—by Sara Wickham
- Home—Our Birth Right—by Judy Edmunds
- Healing Through Homebirth—by Cynthia Luxford
- Ultrasound: More Harm Than Good?—by Marsden Wagner
- Drugs in Labour—by Beverley Lawrence Beech
- Midwifery Today Responds to Study Questioning Homebirth Safety—by Gail Hart (July 2010)
- Homebirth after Cesarean: The Myth and the Reality—by Amy V. Haas
- Seven Tips for Creating a Calm, Joyous Homebirth—by Gloria Lemay
- Lessons from a Homebirth Practice—by John Stevenson
- The Homebirth Choice—by Jill Cohen
- Homebirth in the UK—by Brighton Homebirth Support Group
- E-News 3:34—Homebirth
- E-News 3:1—Home and Hospital Birth
Search for more articles on this topic.
Check out the Homebirth Audio Tapes. Some of the topics included are:
- Homebirth and Waterbirth: A Great Combination
- Low Transport Rates
- Complicated Homebirth Roundtables
- The Heart and Science of Homebirth
- Other homebirth products available from Midwifery Today
Have a question concerning homebirth? Have some advice to share?
Join Midwifery Today's Forums!